Monday, December 10, 2012

Snuggley Sunday

Today was a good day.
It was just a warm inside, snuggley, relaxing and productive day. I woke up early, put on coffee, let the dogs out and tidied up a bit. I fed the dogs breakfast on our porch, their food it kept in an small outbuilding attached to the house my parents house next door. Our place is so tiny, there just isn't the room anywhere. It was really cold and it was just starting to sprinkle a tiny rain snow mix. It was quiet except for the chickens.

After breakfast I put Louie's harness on.
He knew it was time to work. I grabbed a handful of treats and headed outside. I've never used treats before when training with Louie, maybe just a few times when Lou was a puppy. We practiced everything that we had practiced in class about 10 or 15 times each. Louie had a blast!

We went to visit my folks next door.
Louie warmed up by the fireplace AND practiced a 'sit stay' for about a minute and a half. Plenty of time to snap a few good pictures.

After, Louie went upstairs to wake up my mom.
When I found him, he was practicing being a therapy dog, all on his own. He's a natural. Even my mom, who doesn't normally want dogs on furniture, lets him up to lay with her. He's just such a good snuggler. He makes a great pillow. He's gentle and loving and sweet. I fall in love with Louie again everyday.

Today we lazed around. I wrote, Louie practiced good manners and got in lots of snuggle time. I'll say that is a successful weekend! Tomorrow is Monday again and like always, it seems to have come to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment