Friday, June 14, 2013

Sick Snorp Update

A happy car dog
I'm happy to report that Snorp has made a seemingly full recovery from his unfortunate poisoning incident. It was slow going for a while but he's back to his good old wagging self.

My husband and I decided that Snorp could use a vacation. Well, actually it may have been a bit more selfish. We did have ourselves in mind as well. We decided to take 3 days off of work and head out to the Washington coast, Snorp included. We came to the conclusion to leave Louie with my parents and their dog Budde. I know Louie will be happier and have more fun in a familiar place than he will on a long car ride that includes a ferry. Louie didn't know he was missing out on anything. He was blissfully unaware that Snorp, Paul and I were having the time of our lives without him.


Snorp escapes the waves.
Snorp really enjoyed the alone time with his favorite humans. He was such a good boy in the car and at all our stops along the way while on the leash. When we arrived at our destination, a small cabin in La Push Washington, Snorp enjoyed smelling and marking every tree a pine needle, tail wagging. We walked the few feet to the beach and watched the waves beat against the sandy shore. Snorp was so excited, but cautious. There was no way he was going to let a single tiny wave catch him. Even if we threw his favorite stick out on to the wet sand. It was pretty cute.

After a long few weeks of Snorp recovering from his ER stay it was good to see him so happy and active. I was really worried that we would never see that Snorp again. He was so sick that he couldn't walk when we took him home from the hospital. It was another day before we saw his tail wag and another two days before he licked my hand in the morning to wake me up like he usually does. It was a full five days before he could easily take the 4 steps up on to my parents porch, but slowly and surely he has recovered. We are lucky.

A happy beach dog.

2 comments:

  1. He sure looks like a sweet boy. Glad to hear he's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Are you kidding me dad? You actually want me to fetch that wet stick, no uh. You fetch it for me I'm on vacation." Me as Snorp.

    ReplyDelete