Sunday, March 17, 2013

Budde the Puppy is 4 Months Old

Budde, smashing my legs.
Budde is already 4 months old! I say it every week but, sheesh, time is flying and he is growing fast. Saturday we went to the vet for some shots. My dad stayed home with Louie and my mom and I took Budde and Shotgun the cat in for their shots. My mom drove and Shotgun got the VIC (very important cat) Crate. Shotgun rode shotgun. Me and Budde got the backseat all to ourselves.

Budde and I have only been in a car together once. It was the day we brought him home. I drove and my dad held him. He was tiny and nervous and slept most of the drive. Budde is not my dog, he's my neighbor and my dad's dog. That means he's never taken a ride in my car. I've never walked him on a leash, and we've never been to a park together. This was our first outing together.

Budde seemed to like riding in the car. He was completely unaware that he was crushing my legs while he decided to sit on my lap. He climbed around until he was comfortable. He squirmed and changed positions. He tried to climb out the window. I decided he is still learning his car riding etiquette. I tried to encourage good behavior on the ride into town. This involved lots of correction. I didn't mind. Budde is so cute.
VIC? or Cat Trap?

Shotgun on the other hand, was not a happy camper. She did not enjoy the VIC Crate. I told her it was only for very important cats, but she did not listen. She meowed and howled from the crate on the floor by the front seat. I don't think it helped things that she was also stuck in a car with 'that puppy'. She is not a Budde fan, that is for sure.

Budde got a little whiny on the ride to the vets. It's not a short drive, about 20 or 25 minutes in the car can be an eternity for a puppy. Between the Shotgun kitty and Budde there was quite the serenade. No need for the radio to be on. When we got there, Budde was more than happy to hop out of the car. He enjoyed all the new smells. My mom carried the crate with Shotgun inside to get checked in as Budde checked out the grass out front. It was a too person job, that crate was heavy and Budde isn't a flawless leash walker yet, so I was glad I could be there to help out.

Budde did pretty good on the leash. He seemed happy to follow along. That was the case until I opened the door and walked inside to the clinic's waiting area. There were dogs and people and cats OH MY! He struggled and pulled back. I walked back and circled around him and walked forward again. Everytime I did this we made a little progress until we got to the scale. After I got him in the right spot I asked him to sit, and he did. About 3 people in the office said "Awww, what a good boy.". How sweet it is to see such a young guy behaving so well. Good dog Budde.

Relaxed, dozing off on the way home from the vet.
Shotgun had gained almost 4 pounds since my dad rescued her, that is a ton of weight in cat pounds. She was so sick and skinny when we brought her home, she has really come a long way.

Budde is already 38 pounds, no wonder my legs were sore from him standing on me in the car. He was such a good boy when he got his shots, she didn't even notice, he was too busy being happy and trying to get treats. The ride home was much more peaceful. Budde was tired from all the excitment and probably from the vaccines too. He snuggled up next to me and fell right to sleep. I don't get Budde quiet time very often. He doesn't sleep at our house and anytime I come over it's an exciting event. It was nice to have some puppy snuggle time and just get to pet him with out all the wiggling.

Cute Louie in the Sunshine
When we got home, Louie was outside waiting for us with Snorp. Louie was enjoying the sunshine we were having and I snapped this cute picture of him





No comments:

Post a Comment