Saturday, April 20, 2013

Nip & Tuck: Budde's 5 Months Old

Good sit and stay with Blind Louie.
4/13/13
Budde the Puppy is five months old!
Budde is officially five months old and he is crazy. Goodbye docile puppy that sleeps 20 hours a day. Hello crazy, rabid, clumsy giant-pawed creature that's running full speed through the mud to jump up on me as I'm about to leave for work in my favorite white with black polka dot dress. No stopping Budde now.

Poor Snorp is taking the brunt of it. It seems like Budde has confused Snorp for a moving couch or maybe a horse that he should be riding on, because he won't stop jumping up on him. Snorp tries diligently to knock him down again and again, it looks exhausting. Snorp runs, and there is Budde, running with only his back two feet as his front are up on Snorp. Wheel barrow!

Budde's 5month Birthday, he shows of his lay down and stay skills.
And then there's the humping. That's right, I'll admit it. We have a humper on our hands, dang it. If Snorp is too tired to fight him off, Budde will stand with his front paws on Snorp's shoulders and start rocking his hips back and forth. It's still innocent, he's not, (ahem) aroused or anything. He's not even facing the right direction. It's actually pretty hilarious, BUT DON'T LAUGH! You're just encouraging him, this is BAD puppy behavior.

The look on Budde's face when he starts humping Snorp is priceless. He tilts his head back, nose in the air. His eyes relax and close partially. He just gets this smug, satisfied look on his face. He looks relaxed and proud of himself... and then we knock him down. Oh, Budde. Bad dog. (snicker).

That brings us around to the next part of the story. Budde went in for surgery Monday April 15th. Neuter time! I took him in on my way to work. I dropped him, unsuspectingly, off at the vet. The surgery went so well I was able to pick him up before 3:00 that same day. I was standing in the lobby at the receptionists desk paying for the procedure and waiting for the nurse to bring him out. From down the hall I heard a knocking sound and somebody said "Wow, watch out for that tail!". It was Budde. Running down the hall like a drunken sailor, slamming his wagging tail into the wall as he went. He was so happy to see me. It was like nothing had happened, except he was a little wobbly on his feet.

The 'tiny' puppy snuggles with his Papa after surgery
We hopped in the car to head home. I was going to surprise my dad by bringing him home early, he didn't think I would be back until after 6:00. I opened the door quietly. My dad was sitting in his armchair facing away from the door I entered in. I let Budde go first. Dad didn't know we were there until Budde was right at his feet asking to get on his lap. My dad was so excited!

I left them for a little while, when I came back a few hours later to check on them, Budde was in his favorite spot. My dad said about his groggy, drugged up puppy "I wish he would just stay like this for a while." As he held him and kissed his head. I told him to cherish it because when he woke up all hell would brake loose. and it did. But I'll save that story for another time.





No comments:

Post a Comment