Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sick Day

Sick day.
I'm sick. I hate it. I was trying to pretend it wasn't happening yesterday as I gargled salt water to help my sore throat, but it has manifested.

Screw you cold!
Pack your snot up and get out of here! I wish it was that easy. Fortunately, I have a warm Louie glow worm in the blankets for extra heat. Louie likes sick days more than I do. He prefers to laze about for hours on end, warm and snuggley. I think if Louie didn't need to use the outdoors for a bathroom, he wouldn't want to leave the house on chilly or rainy days.


Halford (front) as Meatloaf reaches for him.
The cats are a different story.
Halford and Meatloaf are learning to get along. Meatloaf wants to play with Halford and Halford wants Meatloaf to leave him alone. I don't know how all this will work out in the end, but I sure am enjoying watching them go at it. There are no claws, but lots of boxing and wrestling. I love it. Halford makes horrid sounds and Snorp runs over to break it up.

When I woke up this morning, Halford was sleeping at the foot of the bed. Meatloaf was sneaking onto the bed toward Halford. He laid down slowly, and started to stretch out toward him. Meatloaf is very calculated little girl, slowly reaching her paw toward Halford's until they were touching. Halford quickly balled his paw up, exposing his dangerous claw. He barely opened one eye to glare at her. Thanks to my new iPod I caught this adorable moment on camera, as it was sitting on my bedside table ready and waiting to take more pictures of cats. I think there should be some cap on the amount of cat pictures I can take and post on instagram. I think there may be some clause in the agreement that banishes cat ladies and the like. Although I agreed, I did not read it.

Miss Innocent, pretending to sleep as she reaches for Halford
I hope you enjoy my cat photos, remember that Louie is never far away from the cat action. He Loves to listen, and gets to snuggle with Halford whenever he wants. Meatloaf is still getting used to Louie all up in her personal space, and I like watching that. Serves her right, she's always bugging everyone else. I like to see her have to deal with annoyance as Louie searches for her with his face.

Especially on a sick day, I love and appreciate my animal family. Now I will drift off to a medically induced sleep after a dose of over the counter nighttime cold meds. Hooray!

Cheers to getting better fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment