Saturday, January 12, 2013

Big Announcement!

I have a big announcement to make!

Today is a big day for our family! As I've mentioned before, my husband Paul and I live next door to my parents. My dad's dog, well, our family dog really, of ten plus years died last February. Now after almost a year, my dad is ready to get a new dog! A coworker of mine has a lab mix that had puppies that need homes and they are about seven weeks old now. So today is the day we go and pick a puppy for my dad.

This is exciting on many levels. Most of all I am very happy for my dad. He took it very hard when Poncho died, I thought he'd never get over it. Poncho and Chuck went everywhere together. Poncho was always by his side. When he died, there was a huge hole in his life. Everything he did, something big was missing. After just shy of a year, with us as new neighbors for the last six months, I think he's ready to welcome someone new into his home. He's asked me to help pick this puppy out, because I am the one that brought him home Poncho.

So I'll go back in time and use my blog to help me, because it has been a very long time since I have picked a puppy from a litter. So I reviewed my first blog post ever, Meeting Louie (click there if you'd like to read for yourself.) and I hope my past self can teach my future, present self a lesson or two before I head out. Wow, that's a mouthful AND a mindful!

So off I go to pick a puppy and throw a wrench in this routine we have going. I will surely have lots of photos and video to share of Louie inspecting this new creature and getting used to it's spastic movements. I hope you all will follow along the new leg in the journey of Life with Blind Louie.

Thanks for reading!
Lanni

No comments:

Post a Comment