Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ipod

I got an ipod.
I have long resisted temptation and curiosity. I have believed that I could not learn how to use it. Now I have given in. They have their hooks in and soon enough I'll be walking into traffic with my head down, staring at a screen that I'm flicking around with my thumb. Look at the pupils, apple shaped with a bite out of each one.

The biggest reason I bought the newest ipod 5 is because of the camera. It's about at good as the digital camera I currently have and it has a flash. I can also easily record video... and that's where this is relevant to this blog: Millions of Louie shots!

Louie and Snorp are already sick of it I'm sure. I've been making them sit and pose since I got this in after work yesterday. Life as a blind dog model is exhausting work. 'Scoot over, sit, stay, good boy.'

Today, I even made Louie do the old 'bone on the nose' trick. One of the many amazing skills he possesses. This is when you put a small milk bone on the dogs nose and make them wait until you clap your hand or say 'Go!' and they toss it in the air and catch it.

Alright, so, Louie doesn't usually catch it, but he has before! Poncho was the king of this trick. My dad would have him wait so long sometimes I'd forget he was waiting. Poncho almost always caught the treat in his mouth after he flipped it, right on cue.

I have Louie sit first. I put my left hand under his chin, making his head level to the ground. Then I take the biscuit in my right hand, I let him smell it and then I place it on his nose. When I do this, I gently tap my finger on the spot where I put the cookie. I do this because one time, I set the bone down and it was so light and he didn't know it was there. When I said 'Go!' he just slowly tilted his head to the side inquisitively until the cookie fell off. So cute.

After the treat is on his nose I tell him to stay, wait a second or too and say 'Go!'. Meanwhile, Snorp is standing right next to Louie. He doesn't like to play this game so much so I just held his treat in my hand and had him sit and wait. First he tried to take the bone off of Louie's face. I stopped that. He waited. Then when I said 'Go!' Louie flipped the treat and Snorp snatched it up as soon as it hit the ground. (I wish I could say he caught it in the air but I'd be lying. I think I'll try to practice that actually, note to self)

I was quick with the other cookie into Louie's mouth, as he was searching the ground for his missing treat. I don't know that he was aware it wasn't the same one he had flipped into the air.



So now I hope to share videos with you, and my photos will be looking a lot hipper. Or a lot older and crustier looking. I guess that's the same thing now. Forgive me as I get used to my new photo editing. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment