Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Howl-o-ween!

Happy Halloween everyone.
Even if you don't like it, bah humbug to Halloween, good enough. But Happy Halloween to you anyway. Have some candy and laugh at people dressed up funny.

No one dresses up on Halloween where I work.
On the other hand, the major rental car company across the street that I work with daily, does dress up. I love seeing them when the stop by. There is just something about someone dressed in a silly costume in a room with conventionally dressed people. There is something even cooler about seeing that person, usually in crisp white shirts and tie, dress pants and shoes, dressed in a giant hand costume. This is a handsome young man. Professional, courteous and polite. Do I ask him if he wants a high five? He tells me that they all dressed up as the Addams Family at his place of business and he was Thing. Really cool! Solo though, he was just a guy in a big hand costume. Now take that image and add them having to conduct business with a customer while holding a clipboard is amazing. He was just as professional as usual. Watching someone act serious in a costume is amazing. This is now my favorite part of daytime Halloween. I wish I could have seen their costume with all the members of the Addams Family.

My co-workers wife brought in their little one year old boy dresses as a chicken.
So cute! I asked her what their dogs thought about him in the costume. I guess they hadn't been around him in it yet. After saying that, I realized that might not be as big of a deal at other homes. If I wore a costume, it would freak Louie out. It would take talking and sniffing and close inspection before he would understand what was going on. Just like the other day with the kitten's crate; he didn't know that it was empty until he looked at it the way Louie looks at things: with his face. (I love run on sentences and punctuation.)

Louie should dress up as an investigative reporter next year. He's always sniffing around and then barking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment